- 1 (15-oz.) can unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (from 2 ears)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (from 1 lime), divided
- 1 (8.8-oz.) pouch microwavable brown rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 4 cups finely chopped romaine lettuce hearts (from about 1 heart)
- 4 ounces queso blanco, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- 4 tablespoons light sour cream
- Combine beans, water, chili powder, cumin, and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt in a small saucepan, and cook over medium until beans are hot, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and cover to keep warm.
- Heat oil in a medium-size cast-iron skillet over medium-high.
- Add corn, and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly charred, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the lime juice and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Cook brown rice according to package instructions, and transfer to a medium bowl.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of the cilantro and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice.
- Divide warm beans, corn, rice, lettuce, cheese, and avocado among 4 bowls.
- Top with pico de gallo, sour cream, and remaining 2 tablespoons cilantro.